Product Development Chemist
Conducts research, analysis and experimentation, for such purposes as product and process development/applications and improvement of analytical methodologies in order to provide technical support and problem solving.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to sales staff, co-workers and customers as required.
- Devises processes, develops formulas and methods and conducts pilot line experiments for solution of technical problems.
- Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, in order to improve existing product line.
- Conducts research on manufactured products to develop and improve products.
- Conducts research into composition, structure, properties, relationships, and reactions of products. Write reports and maintains documentation of results and activities.
- Confers with Sr. Chemists, and Technical Managers regarding research, and prepares reports.
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, products, and tests.
- Assists with waste treatment procedures.
- Insures all safe working procedures are followed and observed.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping as part of normal operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field required.
- Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years professional experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry . Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Expected to react to odors, typically present in a chemical laboratory. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Laboratory environment. Approximately up to 20% travel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions except for those that begin with the word “May”.
Please send resume with cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. RBP Chemical Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send/email resume and salary history to:RBP Chemical Technology, Inc.
Human Resources Director
Milwaukee, WI 53214