What is Photochemical Milling Industry (PCMI)?
- The photochemical machining industry (PCMI) process consists of several important steps. Each step is a critical prerequisite to the next.
- It is a non-traditional, subtractive machining process that uses photographic and chemical techniques to shape metal work pieces. After having the image of a design developed on the work piece, a strong chemical solution is poured over the work piece that selectively corrodes and removes excess material from unprotected areas leaving a flawless and sharp image or part. The areas to be saved or removed are selected using photographic techniques, such as photoresist imaging.
- The photochemical etching process is one of the preferred methods for producing thin metal parts with simple or complex designs for the electronics, automotive, medical, R/F microwave, and aerospace industries.
- This precision metal etching process provides quality photo etched products to meet compliance standards for products that need safety, strength, ductility, conductivity, and resistance to harsh elements.
What does RBP do for PCMI?
We provide innovative chemical solutions for a number of industries. We are surface chemistry experts.
- The photochemical etching process involves a number of chemical reactions.
- RBP offers quality products to help customers every step of the way.
- Customers can provide their special requirements to our team.
- RBP can customize its products to assist your special needs.
Learn More About Our Photochemical Milling (PCMI) Solutions
Photochemical Milling (PCMI) Solutions
|MicroClean™ CM||Iron & Copper Alloy Microcleaner RD-38||MicroClean™ CM is a “micro-cleaner” that is designed to remove extremely tenacious soils from copper, …||photochemical-milling|
|ChemPolish™ ET||Chemical polish||ChemPolish ET (RDX-1096)is an acidic bath used for polishing and passivating 300 series (austenitic) stainless …||cleaners photochemical-milling|
|ElectroClean™ EC (RD-44)||Metal cleaner||ElectroClean EChas been used in automated reverse current(anodic) cleaning machines, such as the machine offered …||cleaners photochemical-milling|
|VersaPrep™||Chemical Cleaner||VersaPrep is formulated to microetch multiple metallic surfaces and thus improve their processing including lamination, …||microetchants-for-photochemical-milling photochemical-milling|
|MicroClean™ CuL||Alkaline Copper and Iron Alloy Spray Cleaner||MicroClean CuL is a micro-cleaner that is designed to remove extremely tenacious soils from copper||cleaners photochemical-milling|
|MicroClean™ CuLX||Alkaline Copper and Iron Alloy Soak Cleaner||MicroClean CuLX is a micro-cleaner that is designed to remove extremely tenacious soils from copper||cleaners photochemical-milling|
|MicroClean™ S||Metal cleaner||MicroClean S is a low foam cleaner for removing fingerprints, chromate and oxide residues from …||cleaners photochemical-milling|
|Ferric Cleaner||Equipment Cleaner||Ferric Cleaner removes water hardness, photoresist scum and metal salt deposits from chemical processing equipment. …||specialty-chemicals photochemical-milling|
|Ferric Defoamer™||Ferric Etch Spray Antifoam||Ferric Defoamer is a fully organic, non-silicone, water-soluble defoamer that rinses readily and leaves no …||specialty-chemicals photochemical-milling|
|Ferric Chloride 42 BE||Ferric Chloride Etching Solution||Ferric Chloride Solution is acidic and should be handled only with appropriate safety equipment including …||etchants photochemical-milling|
|ChemPolish™ RD-5||Chemical Polish||ChemPolish RD-5is an acidic bath used for polishing and passivating 300 series (austenitic) stainless steel …||photochemical-milling|